Tuesday, May 22, 2012

7 years!


Yesterday Kurt and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary!  We made plans to do dinner and a movie and my parents were going to watch the 2 kids.  When I left for work in the a.m., he said, "happy 8th wedding anniversary, honey."  I said, "it's 7!"  He said, "oh, it feels like 8!"  Not even sure how 8 is supposed to feel like. . I mean, had he said, 'feels like 1' or '5' or '20' I would've gone, 'oh, ok', but '8'?!?!?!? ANYWAY. . .dinner he was extremely quiet while I chatted away(we women DO need to use up that # of words daily) and finally I said, "whats wrong with you? Do you feel ok? You are so quiet and acting weird."  He told me he was super tired because he went outside and did some work before the kids woke up.  This is when I wanted to scream, 'HELLO, I wake up every morning, go to work, come home, take care of the kids, clean, do laundry, cook (well, sometimes-lately it's been a lot of 'quick meals' but whatever) and go to bed really late so that the kids go to bed late so they sleep in so YOU can get stuff done before they wake up'. . .but, yeah, I held my tongue (I mean, this IS our anniversary-no fighting TONIGHT). And I just said, "aw, I'm sorry honey.  If you don't want to do the movie, we can go home so you can get to sleep early."  He said "no"-good thing! and we went to the movie. . . but sometimes I just wonder, how can we do SO much and not be allowed to complain?!?!?!?!?!  Amazing.  We women are amazing-we literally put on circus performances everyday by juggling so much and we don't get credit for it so here's to us, bravo women, bravo! :-) oh, and to you babe, Happy Anniversary!

Kurt and I last yr.  I was 9 months pregnant with Kendall.

1 comment: