Wednesday, May 23, 2012

PMS

I'm not a screamer.  Never have been, and always said never will be.  Guess I jinxed myself. . .or, maybe I can blame it on '30'. . .last night after a LONG night of kids, husband, and myself being cranky it was FINALLY bath-time!  YAY!  (Bath-time precedes NIGHT TIME)  Tyler was in the bathtub, I always put him in there first so he can play a bit, and he had hollered that the water had cooled down.  That is my cue that it is time for Kendall to go in and wash them both down.  First, their hair-Tyler whines and Kendall makes a blub blub noise when I rinse the soap out of their hair, tear free Johnson's baby wash, mind you, so it doesn't hurt them!  At this point is when Tyler starts acting uncontrollable!  He screams and splashes and won't sit still!  I repeatedly say to him, "Tyler, please stop so I can wash you" "Tyler, sit down NOW so I can finish washing your body" "Tyler I'm going to spank you", all of a sudden he splashes so hard it startles Kendall and she falls back, hitting her head on the tub- at this point I lost it, I FINALLY have the, shall we say, PRIVILEGE to meet MY PMS for the first time,  and I scream, "TYLER, YOU SIT DOWN NOW OR I WILL SPANK YOUR BARE BUTT AND WHEN I DO IT WILL HURT!"  The screaming has scared me but thats when my eyes clear (I swear they were glazed for a bit) and I see Tyler crying and saying, "you scared me, mom.  I want my daddy."  Aw, but look, the kids are all of a sudden minding me and bath-time is done within minutes and the kids are out, dressed, and ready for bed.
PMS, where have you been all my life?!?!?! And here I thought you and screaming would be a bad thing!  It is GOOD to be 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment