Wednesday, May 30, 2012

He Pooped!

For all of you mothers who have attempted to potty train a little boy, you will completely understand when I say there is VICTORY in 1 single bowel movement done in the toilet.  Amazing how, even though they are still SO small, they have MAN poops in their diapers!  Horrible smelling and just big!  Tyler has been doing SO well peeing in the toilet but when it comes to pooping-he'd rather go into his room or go behind the couch and do his thing in his pants. . oh, he KNOWS what he's doing because he always says afterward, "I POOPED". . .great, why couldn't you tell me 5 minutes ago?  In our guest bathroom we have a piece of wood at the base of the toilet so he can stand and pee without missing the bowl.  We also have a step stool in front of our toilet and on the ledge of that step stool we have taped a box of fruit loops, an animal toy, a chocolate candy bar, and money.  When he poops in the toilet he gets a choice of what 'prize' he wants.  What kids WOULDN'T that entice?!?!?!?!?!  Oh yeah, my son.  Today about 2:30 p.m., my husband, Kurt called me at work and I was put on speaker phone.  Kurt said, "mommy, Tyler is a big boy and told me he'd try to go poop". . .so at my desk, in my cubicle, I proceeded to say, "go Tyler, YAY!  I'm so proud of you! What a big boy!  You can do it! YAY!!!" and Kurt informed me when 1 poop dropped (another "yay-what a big boy") 2nd poop dropped ("oh my goodness, Tyler, I'm SO proud of you") and 3rd poop dropped (clapping from both Kurt and I and my continued vocal encouragement).  Kurt then involved me in the conversation on speaker phone of what prize Tyler was going to choose.  Tyler chose the Rhino plastic animal to add to his animal collection!   Wow, what a victory, he pooped in the toilet!  SO proud of you, Tyler!! Way to GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment