Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mini Vacation....Part 2

If you have already read my previous post, and have viewed Cindi's most recent, I'm sure you can anticipate what this will be about. This is my "mini vacation" continued. To save a little money we decided to drive up to the softball tournament today (Saturday) rather than last night so our day started pretty early this morning. 6:00 am: Wake up! Run to put the wet clothes from last night's wash in the dryer since half of what is in there still has to be backed for our "mini vacation". Go shower before waking kids up. Make breakfast so it'll be ready when Ben, Presley, and my niece wake up. 6:30ish...packing wet clothes into our bags so we can leave by 7. Okay, kids fed, dogs fed, windows all closed, house locked up..time to pack the car and deliver the dogs to their overnight destination. So, I usually think that my durango is plenty big enough for everything I need to carry, but this obviously isn't so when we have a ball bag (full of equipment that Adam may or may not use), a tent to block sun which we definitely won't use (because I'm a bad mom and I love to be tan and let my kids play in the sun), my over night bag, my niece's overnight bag that is 3 times the size of her, Ben's backpack, Adam's wal-mart bag packed with his clothes, and Presley's bag. Oh, and a double-wide stroller too because I like to pretend I'm a runner with my huge double running stroller...I find that it makes other mom's jealous and then I feel better about myself..Kidding!!! Anyway, if we can slam the door down fast enough nothing will fall out...QUICK..SHUT IT! Good, hatch closed, kids loaded, 1 dog under Ben's feet, one golden retriever on my lap in the front. This is classy, I hope we get pulled over now! Ten minutes later, the dogs are dropped off and we're FINALLY on our way. Smooth sailing, kids were pretty good, nobody pooped or peed their pants, no car sickness, I'd call that a successful drive!

Now we're at the tournament, awesome. Ben peed his pants already. I took him behind a shed to change him since there were no bathrooms available. I pulled his pants down and out fell a huge turd! I never say omg, but OMG...this isn't embarrassing at all. I don't make eye contact with anyone who may or may not be watching the mother of the year. After this situation is taken care of it's time to feed Presley her bottle, but it was cold because there was no running water anywhere and my bottle warmer picked one hell of a day to STOP WORKING. Of course she's not going to drink it. I feel my anxiety and I want a xanax, although I've never had one I hear wonderful reviews! Presley is screaming, Ben's running around like a barefoot hillbilly, and what now....my f***ing period starts. Really? REALLY? Do you think I packed tampons? Of course not. Thank goodness for my fellow softball wives and one very generous friend who was able to run to the store for me. Happy Memorial Day weekend friends...stay tuned!

(This is exactly how I feel this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment