Monday, May 21, 2012

A Spill

Normally I'd like to think of myself as a pretty calm, collective mother (wouldn't we all?!?!) and I usually address my 3 year old son, Tyler, in a calm way explaining the reason I'm going to spank him.  However, sometimes accidents happen and some accidents bring out the "AUGH" in even a calm, collective mother!  Yesterday I had just cleaned the whole house, except for my 'junk' counter. . .ok, you know we all have 1, right? Mine is exceptionally large and grows daily (no judgements allowed!).  While my son and I were eating dinner last night off our coffee table, he decided he didn't want his 10 month old sister, Kendall, drinking from his juice cup.  He walked over to the counter where I had placed my Lemonade and 'made room' for his sippy cup, spilling my lemonade onto EVERYTHING on my junk counter. . .needless to say, I went AUGH!! I knew I couldn't get on HIM, it was MY fault that I had, 1, placed it THERE on the edge, and 2, had allowed so much junk to accumulate. . .so instead I hollared out loud, "errr, your dad should clean up his mess!!!" and feeling MUCH better, I cleaned the counter and settled back on the floor to finish my pizza and what was left of my "pop"-Tyler isn't allowed to drink pop so this is what I call ALL beverages! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment