Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day

Driving into work this morning I took a moment to think about the holiday most of us will be celebrating this weekend.  I decided I would share with all of you what exactly this means to me:
I have 3 days to lose the 10 pounds I've been telling myself the last 9 months I'd lose.  I will have to see almost as many people this weekend as I would for a small wedding.  While I'm seeing all these people I will be chasing a 3 year old in the 90 degree weather and holding a 10 month old, therefore, I'll be sweating the whole time I'm trying to visit with people.  In 3 days I will be expected to put my body in a tankini or bikini-while sucking in used to work, it does NOT work anymore and because I refuse to buy a new bathing suit, I'll be the 1 person in the pool and/or lake who is too big for my swimsuit.  Thus, I'll be talked about all weekend, and not in a positive way.  I can imagine ppl's conversations: "Omg, Cindi has not lost ANY baby weight.  Look at what she's eating.  No wonder her body is in such terrible shape".  Within the next 4 days I'll be expected to put away my close-toes shoes and big winter shirts and take out my cute sandals (GREAT, so NOW I gotta also keep my toe nails painted-like I don't have enough to do) and tank tops (YAY, might as well call me a big bird with the wings that will flap for ya).  Why, oh, why, do I always anticipate summer months and long weekends off work?  This year on Memorial Day I'll be remembering my before-baby self. The 1 who didn't have to suck in her gut to strut around a pool.  The 1 who didn't have to feel like a pig if she went back for seconds or thirds.  The 1 who's make-up was perfect as she mingled.  hey, you.  Dang!  Anyway,  I have been wonderfully blessed and have 2 beautiful children and much to be grateful for, it's just times like these. . .oh, well.  Happy Memorial Day, everyone!  Enjoy your time 'off'!

No comments:

Post a Comment