Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Potty Trained

Yesterday my son had a doctors appointment and it was out of town, near an outlet mall.  OBVIOUSLY, it was only NECESSARY that when we left the dr's we should head to the outlet mall, right?!

For those of you who don't know me, shopping is therapy for me.  Relieves stress and makes me feel like me, not like a mom, or Kurt's wife, or Kristi's sister, but me-this is what I was born to do. . .really, it just doesn't pay.

Ok, getting off track.  My husband decided he'd stay in the car with Kendall as Tyler and I jotted in and out of stores. . .jotted takes on a different meaning when you are shopping with a 3 year old boy, but we tried.

In our 1st store, Tyler looks at me and says, mom, I got poop in my butt.  Great, I thought, and I said, as any mom would say, you sure Buddy? You got to poop?  he said, no, I can wait til I get home and I can have my own seat.  Again, I said, you sure?  He said yeah, I don't have to poop anymore.  WHEW! Major relief!! I mean, there are times when I'm NOT thankful my son potty trained so easily and they are always those moments when I am shopping and he has to poop.  But, we did it-we got out of that 1!

We went to 3 more stores-him acting crazy and me acting like the perfect mother and him responding as though I was.  I'm on a major high at this time, sales, outlet mall, compliant son. . .then it happens.  

Our 4th store and he again says, mom, I have to poop.  So I ask the manager if there is a bathroom and she points to the back room.  We go into the bathroom and I tell him to sit on the toilet paper I have just covered the toilet with.  Then I told him to wait to push (because I didn't make him stand and pee first and I didn't want him spraying up).  I stood up to get a thick pad of paper towels to place in front of him so to avoid a mess and as I kneel down, before I get the towels in place he pushes.  Yup, right at me.  Did I mention we were at an outlet mall?  Did I mention that we were a ways from home?  My entire arm was soaked in pee-my long sleeved tshirt was completely wet. . .almost like he AIMED at my arm.  His underwear were soaked and his jeans got a little.  The floor was a mess!  He immediately started apologizing, what do u say?  I just said, it's ok, Tyler, it's ok.  I stood up and grabbed more paper towels.  I loaded my sleeves with towels and went to work on the floor.  After everything was wiped up, floor soaped down, Tyler's underwear removed, and Tyler and I's hands clean, we left the bathroom. Did I mention Tyler decided he didn't have to poop?  Yeah.  And, brought to an abrupt stop and it was time to go home.  Yay, Tyler is potty trained. . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment