Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I GOT TO CLEAN MY HOUSE

Been a while since I posted but yesterday I was feeling mighty guilty that Jody was left the last couple months all by her self to entertain the thousands. . . .yeah, ok, so I'm adding 1,999 people. . whatever, just a number.
SO, here is my re-birth to our blog! :-)

Yesterday my husband called me at work-it was about 3:00 and he said my dad had picked him and the 2 kids up and they were all in Kalamazoo.  They were just getting a 'late lunch' and then they were going to hit up some hunting stores.  He said they'd be a couple hours and he told me to do whatever I wanted to do. . I SWEAR I heard the chime of bells and a chorus of angels singing. . .

Now came my math skills:  just getting a late lunch-they were all in the truck when he called.  About 5 minutes to get the kids and diaper bag into a restaurant, 10 minutes to order, 30 minutes to eat, 5 minutes to get kids back in truck, 2 hours at hunting stores and driving to each, and 30 minutes home. I had approximately 3 hours!!!!  My mom and I made 'dinner and shopping plans' but that gave me a WHOLE HOUR before she left work.

I was SO excited and as I left the building and was walking to my car, a co-worker asked me what I was doing-I said, I'm GOING TO CLEAN MY HOUSE for an HOUR!  She looked baffled that I was excited about this, but, anyone who has little kids knows what an hour of cleaning w/o them in the house means-it actually looks like you clean!!!  That statement: "Cleaning your house with kids in it is like brushing your teeth while eating Oreos" is SO true!

I don't think I have ever been that excited to clean and I didn't even get much done.  I cleaned the kitchen THOROUGHLY and picked up toys, throw blankets, decorative pillows, and couch cushions off the floor in the living room.  Started the dishwasher and I was on my way to meet my mom.

How successful I felt when I got home.  We got home too late for the kids to mess up what I had cleaned and all I could do was feel. . . AMAZING! 

No comments:

Post a Comment