Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Celebrate


            After taking almost the entire day off from work yesterday due to what seemed like the aftermath of being run over by a freight train, I knew I had to pull myself out of bed by 5:30pm to take care of the kiddos since Adam had to go to class. This was quite the task after having non-stop migraines all day, really strange dreams that I’ll never admit to anyone, an incredibly sore throat, and a fever that was causing chills and hot-flashes all at the same time! I had to do it though, it took a little bit of positive self-talk, actually about 40 minutes of positive self-talk, but I finally dragged my sorry looking self out of bed! It wasn’t just the feeling of being run over by a train, the mirror displayed an image that would have scared the devil. In order to get myself through the next couple of hours until bedtime for the kids I broke everything up into 15 minute increments.

5:15pm- Adam arrives home with the kids. Although he had tried to explain to them that I had not been feeling well, a 10 month old and a 3 year old quickly forget that (Not that they really cared anyway). I placed a freezer meal that I had prepared last week in the oven. Hopefully this would be ready in an hour.

5:30pm- Adam tells Benji to take care of me and to be good. He leaves for class that should last from 6-9pm. I lay lifeless in the recliner as Ben stares at Power Rangers on TV and Presley is entertained by the dogs on the other side of the glass slider door.

5:45pm- Ben operating his remote control truck in circles around the living room. Presley crawling in circles chasing the truck. Me…still lifeless in the recliner.

6:00pm- Out of the chair finally. Presley is STARVING, as usual, and starting to fuss. Apparently 15 minutes of crawling in circles chasing a remote control truck makes a girl hungry. I get plates, bowls, cups, silverware ready for the chicken alfredo that we were about to enjoy. Ben tells me he doesn’t like food and does not want to eat.

6:15pm- Dinner finally ready. Presley begins to eat everything on her tray until she spots the dogs sitting on either side of her high chair impatiently awaiting her to drop something. She decides to feed them, and then laughs every time they would take food out of her hand. In the state that I’m in, this is incredibly annoying. Ahh, dogs are put outside. Ben still screaming, “I DON’T LIKE FOOD. I DON’T NEED TO EAT.” I try to eat, thinking that maybe some food would give me a little energy.

6:30pm- Presley is back to feeding herself after the dogs are out of sight. She eats a second helping. Ben hesitantly comes to look at his plate that I’ve prepared for him. “I DON’T LIKE THOSE THINGS. I DON’T LIKE THAT EXTRA SAUCE ON MY PLATE. I DON’T LIKE PEAS.”  The food that I had eaten did not give me any extra energy and I did not want to fight with a 3-year-old tonight. Thinking that I could bribe him, I said, “If you do not eat dinner, you will not be able to watch tv later.” He didn’t care, “I don’t want to watch tv anymore.” I felt defeated.

6:45pm- By now, and I’m not sure what made it happen, but Ben had taken 2 bites of the food that he didn’t need, and a few bites of pineapple chunks that I had found in the fridge from the night before. Presley was finished, cleaned up, and ready to have pajamas put on her. Once again…no energy for bath time tonight…don’t judge.

7:00pm- Ben puts his pajamas on, watches tv. Presley is taken upstairs to read books and be in bed by 7:30. I’m feeling so thankful that our kiddos go to bed so early.

7:30pm- Benji taken to his bedroom to read books and be to bed by 8. Only 1 book tonight, I’m pretty sure that with the migraine I was having my eyes were completely crossed because I could barely focus on the large print words in the book he had picked out.

7:45pm-CELEBRATE! And by celebrate, I mean…back to the recliner, lifeless. Everyone was asleep. Dogs, kids, and soon to follow…me.

 

            Those were definitely the longest 2 hours and 15 minutes that I’ve had in a very long time. Funny how the times we want to slow down never do, and the times we really NEED to speed up, also never do!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment