Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Mommy's Juice


 

            Adam had class tonight, I had done everything right, aside from the small glitch in the crock-pot meal that I had planned for dinner, but that’s minor, and it ended up working out anyway. I had the babysitter on backup so I could continue with my half-marathon training without leaving the kiddos supervised by the dogs.  My batman mask was on, and a makeshift cape made out of Ben’s blanket. I was Batgirl “because you’re a girl” and Ben was Robin, all decked out in his cowboy boots, cape, and eye mask. Dogs were fed, cats fed, bunnies fed, and our dinner was being divided onto plates…yes, Batgirl makes a mean crock-pot chicken teriyaki. Presley inhaled the majority of her food, Ben ate his usual 4 bites because he “hates food,” and I was rather pleased with my creation and quickly cleaned my plate. We cleaned up our dinner mess, Robin entered the outside world to go “fly” around in the backyard, I cleaned Presley off, and the dogs cleaned the floor. After a short while of playing and reading books to little Presley, it was time for her to head to bed, she had missed her nap today and was ready for some much needed rest. She was put to bed without a fuss, and I headed back downstairs to find Robin. Mask back on, cape tied tight, I was ready to roll…at least for a few minutes. After those few minutes were up, I needed to get ready for my run, my father-in-law, Benji’s grandpa would arrive shortly for babysitting duties. I was frantically running around the house trying to find running clothes that would be sufficient for the cool weather, and as I came upstairs from the basement my father-in-law was there…I was still in Batgirl attire! Ben was in the bathroom, so yeah…I looked like a maniac wandering through the house dressed as Batgirl without a purpose. I explained, and he laughed. I assured him that I do not normally dress as a superhero! One embarrassing moment down…one to go. After retiring from Batgirl for the evening, I put my running clothes on, and was close to heading out the door when Benji began to explain to his grandpa about the juice that Tiffany and Mommy drink. (Tiffany is my friend, current running partner, and lives very nearby…so we see a lot of each other.) I assumed that Ben was trying to tell his grandpa about the V8 Splash energy drinks that I often have before I run so I opened the refrigerator and held one up. He assured us that he was not talking about that kind of juice. I held up my water bottles that I run with, not those either. He swiftly made his way to the fridge, opened the freezer door and pulled out a Daily’s frozen alcohol pouch, carried it toward his grandpa and said, “this is the juice that mommy and Tiffany drink!” His grandpa got a good laugh out of that, I felt like mother of the year, and I assured Ben that those were in fact the juices that Mommy and Tiffany drink and that they are only for big people. Second embarrassment of the evening…over!
Mommy's Juice!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment