Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Mom...there's white things.


            After arriving home from work to a screaming 10 month old,  Ben who was busy playing “minjas” with his new sword, the tv blaring and the radio in the kitchen turned up, my head was about to start spinning. I had to get away for a second to gather myself…so into my bedroom I headed, shut the door for 2 minutes and just sprawled out on my king sized bed. Ahhh….relief! I was quickly feeling better, headed out to reality as Adam was preparing dinner (aloha pork…whatever that is). Eventually dinner was ready, I opted to have my pork minus the aloha, as did Presley. Ben thought he was eating chicken nuggets, so we didn’t correct him. After dinner was over, Presley was picked up out of her high-chair covered in most of her meal, and stripped naked for a bath. This girl can put away some food, but she isn’t very “lady-like” while doing it. She usually ends up needing to be hosed off after dinner. That technique is sometimes frowned upon so the next best option is the bathtub. Thankfully the kids are both young enough that they can be bathed together, this saves a ton of time as Ben usually remains in the tub to play “guys” or “minjas” (ninjas in case you don’t speak 3 year old) after Presley is removed and dressed for bed. Tonight, however, this wasn’t the case. See, our bathroom tub is set up perfectly to see from the kitchen. We are able to get the kitchen cleaned up after dinner while still being able to hear and more importantly see both kiddos happily playing in the tub. Adam and I went about our business cleaning up and getting clothes laid out for bedtime. By now, all of that previous anxiety that I had shortly after arriving home from work was gone. The nightly routine was underway and things were pretty calm. Ben was yelling and playing as usual, and then he says, “Mom, Presley pooped white things.” I assured him that Presley hadn’t pooped, and that poop isn’t ever white and when about my cleaning. Again, “Mom, there’s white things.” By now Adam has gone in the bathroom to take a closer look, and yes, she had pooped. It wasn’t white at all, still not sure what Ben was talking about since he knows all of his colors very well, but Presley had in fact pooped and it was everywhere. Ben was rescued first from the sewer of a bathtub that the “mother of the year” was bathing her children in, and then little blissfully ignorant Presley was lifted out still smiling. Of course, she had no idea that it’s just not cool to bathe in your own feces, she’s only 10 months old. I had to walk away, there were turds and turd flakes floating around in the tub. I left the mess for Adam, after he’d made dinner for all of us you’d think that I could have chipped in to help with this mess, but I couldn’t do it, not today, I’d had enough! He was a trooper, he got the kids out, got them cleaned, got the tub cleaned out…and didn’t complain once. He’ll never know how much I appreciated that…and poor Benji. I never know whether or not to believe his grand imagination, next time I’ll take him a little more seriously when he tells me one of his “stories.”

No comments:

Post a Comment