Monday, June 4, 2012

Redeemed!

      I'm a very blessed woman.   I have 2 beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful husband who is the best daddy to our children.  I have a good job, good health, and a good home. 
     So, why is it, that on occassion I want to kill my husband and run away from home? 
This past weekend we stayed at my mother-in-law's house.  It takes about 3.5 hours to get to Manistee and 3.5 hours home and for some reason my children have something against taking naps in the car. . .so 3.5 hours is a LONG ride! 
     Last night when we got home, my husband received an early Father's Day gift.  A lot of time, effort, and $ went into it and I was really happy that he seemed genuinely happy and excited about it.  Well, we all got inside and Kurt went into the garage to mess around with his bike for a little bit.  While he messed around, I fed the kids, unpacked all of our stuff, put all of our stuff away, loaded the dishwasher, put all my shoes in my closet away ( I had been throwing them in a stack), started a load of laundry, hung up some laundry that I had left over the weekend, folded laundry I had left, picked up toys, picked up magazines, and changed the kiddos into pj's.  It was almost bed time (yay) and Kurt came in from out side and just started barking at me!  We said good night to the babies and then he went back outside.  I started the dishwasher and sat on the couch-then went to the garage and asked Kurt if he was coming in.  He said, 'yes'.  I then told him that he better leave 'grumpy' in the garage because if 'grumpy' entered my house, after an early Father's Day surprise and after I drove home and cleaned up stuff, 'grumpy' would be sleeping in our garage!  He promised grumpy was gone and he was good on his promise.   
     I was still irritated when I went to bed but whatever, I was EXHAUSTED and had no energy to look at him and say, what the HECK was a matter with YOU?!?!?!??!
     Today he brought my beautiful babies to see me at work and he brought me a platter of summer fruit and a beautiful pink rose-and my son said it was 'your favorite color, mom' when they gave it to me!!!  Redeemed!  Totally redeemed, honey!  I know, I probably shouldn't let him off the hook that easily but I am a simple woman and easy to please.  Getting a surprise visit and gifts at work just made my day-Kurt earned points today that might have taken him out of the negative for a while!  Alas, the irritation is gone and all is well in my hum-drum life!

No comments:

Post a Comment