Monday, June 11, 2012

Blissfully in Love

     Ok, although I'm pretty sure my co-author and I could go on and on about our weight issues (it IS summer and we can't ignore it anymore), I'm going to write about something else that we married women forget from time to time.  We get so busy with work and children and laundry and cleaning and dinner and dishes and, well, lots of stuff, and our husbands and us forget to make that special time for each other-those times that make us feel giddy again, like when we first met, or when we found out we were pregnant for the first time or on our honey moon.  I had a weekend that reminded me how blissfully in love I am with my husband and I wanted to 'put it in ink' before the business of LIFE took the memory away!
     Friday at 4 p.m. we decided we were going to go to Mackinac Island.  We rushed to pack and leave our house by 4:30 p.m. (last Ferry to the Island was 8:30 p.m. and it is a 4 1/2 hour drive).  We made great time and pulled into Mackinaw City at 8:28 p.m. but we decided to stay at a hotel near the Ferries called Comfort Suites.  This hotel had a water park for kids and was open until 10 p.m..  We rushed to our room, changed everyone into swimsuits and rushed to the water park.  It was AWESOME!  The water was only 1 foot deep so it was completely safe for Tyler and Kendall enjoyed it, too.  Kurt and I took turns between playing with Kendall and Tyler (yes, Kendall even went down the slides!). 
     The next morning after our continental breakfast we went back to the waterpark for an hour.  While I was taking picture and 'filming' my 2 guys racing down the slides, I realized how much my heart had expanded over this short time in Mackinaw City. . .expanded with love for the man I said, "I do" to 7 years ago, the man I argue and disagree with and complain about, this man that won my heart 10 years ago, still today, owns my heart and triggers such feelings only we, who have our soul mates, can understand. 
     When our hour was up we rushed back to our room, took showers, got dressed, packed and loaded the car and raced to the ferry boats.  We got to Mackinac Island about 1:30 and had the best day.  Sure, the children were cranky and fussy at times but we were TOGETHER and it wasn't Kurt taking care of them or me taking care of them, we were all together and functioned as a family.  It has been a while since we spent that much time together as a family and it was the best time I've had in a long while.  It brought back all those giddy feelings and thoughts in my heart and stomach for the husband I adore and love with my whole heart and that wonderful "family" feeling which I originally desired when I signed up to be a 'mommy'.
     We got back home around 4:30 a.m. Sunday morning so we were only gone for about 36 hours, but those 36 hours were what brought me back to this wonderful feeling of being blissfully in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment