Monday, October 22, 2012

Probably just PMS


                    As I sit here in my basement drinking my glass of wine and contemplating marketing a pill form of this wonderful substance, I realize that although it sometimes feels like everyone else in my house, including one of my dogs, needs to be medicated, it is probably just me. I know that I’ve mentioned this several times before, but hear me out.

1. Saturday I went grocery shopping, with Batman. Nobody commented, apparently I am the only one that thinks this is odd.

2. While in the grocery store, I perused the wine isle. I decided that a regular sized bottle was not big enough. I justified this by telling myself that the larger bottle was “a better deal.”

3. I lost my cell phone this weekend somewhere in between exiting my house and entering our car. This is only about 17 steps. Yes, I retraced my steps, yes I searched the pockets, car, and ground, and NO…IT CANNOT BE LOCATED. Pretty sure a rabid raccoon stole it while my back was turned or something.

4. I left my friend in my car with my two children while I ran into the store really quick to buy dog food. After entering the dog food isle, my anxiety kicked in (This may sound familiar to some, refer back to a September post titled Our New Dog Food) and I spent much longer than necessary walking back and forth reading dog food labels, checking and re-checking prices, and going over in my head what flavors my dogs would like best. Oh, and then I spontaneously decided to check into a calming medication for one of our overly hyperactive dogs. This took another 10 minutes.  So, after my quick trip of “be right back” turned into an anxiety-filled extended amount of time, I exited the store and entered the parking lot where I ran with the cart to the car…the running saved about 12 seconds, at the time I thought this was helpful.

5. After arriving home from a friend’s baby shower yesterday to find the kitchen still a mess, toys spread throughout the living room, and dinner not started, I was in a foul mood. Apparently, I thought the magical “mom’s out of the house” fairy was going to come for a visit. She did not.  


          So, I realize that none of these are huge, life-changing experiences, and it’s probably just PMS starting to kick in, and in reality I do not want anyone in my house to be medicated, aside from our hyperactive Golden Retriever, but I do know that if it were socially acceptable to consume a bottle of wine every day I’d probably be in a much better mood most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment