Tuesday, April 7, 2015

My Perfect Little Mess

Her socks don’t match. Her hair is a mess. She has dirt under her fingernails. She would rather shoot guns than play house. She’d rather climb a tree than be safe on the ground. She wants a Mohawk. She is affectionate. She’s beautiful. Her eyes light up any room she enters. She’s my perfect little mess. 
My biggest fear for her is that she will change. She will adapt to what everyone else wants her to be. She will no longer be the perfect little mess that she is, but she will strive to be perfect. The confidence will diminish, the nails will be painted, and the hair will be styled. 
She has unknowingly taught me how to be a better and more confident person. A few things I’ve learned from her...
 
1. Socks most definitely do not have to match! 
2. Make up should only be used for play, not for necessity. 
3. Singing loudly in the car...or in public...is really fun! (Her current  favorite song is Drinking Beer with Dad~ Kid Rock)
4. If you’re tired, you should sleep...where ever you may be!
5. Dresses are beautiful...but they aren’t very functional in the sandbox  or while climbing a tree.
6. There’s never too many hugs that can be given to one person. 
 
I hope that her spirit can remain young and unbroken. I hope that she will continue to wear baseball caps like her brother and dance around the house to her own beat. I hope she forever sings loudly. I hope she always remains the perfect little mess that she is....because she’s so perfect. 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment