Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spaghettios won't cause brain damage...


                As I’ve probably mentioned several times within the past few months, I’ve recently started a new job that is always high stress, never dull, usually very sad, and seldom rewarding.  Within these few months in this job I’ve seen children living in filthy homes, kids covered with bed bug bites and sleeping in infested bedding, children with broken bones, homes with only a beer in the refrigerator…no food, and a few kids that just like to tell very concerning stories that are often far from the truth and very embarrassing for their parents. Working in this job every day has taught me a few things about my own children…

1. Frozen pizza or spaghettios once a week won’t kill my kids, I’ve found that they actually love me more when I feed them these items!

2. Keeping them up a few minutes past their bedtime (often for some extra snuggle time) doesn’t ruin their schedule permanently.

3. Skipping a nap on the weekends isn’t all that bad…especially if time is spent playing with cousins!

4. Being dirty is fine…bathtime will roll around in a couple of hours!

5. It’s okay for kiddos to hear or see mommy and daddy disagree sometimes…yes, I said MOMMY AND DADDY!  Many children are not fortunate to have both in their lives, mine are.

So, the days when I’m too tired to read 2 books at night, I have learned not to let myself feel too guilty about reading just one to the kiddos, and spaghettios won’t cause long-term brain damage…I hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment